Wednesday 1 June 2011

Creative Job Hunt...

...I've decided to put my idea through and try to find a creative job for the summer, considering I'm undergoing an art course maybe there are potsitions out there... I've completed a letter of a short history of my education, inspirations and aims. Will now send it out along with examples of my work and a short creative CV to institutions around Brighton & Hove and wait for any sort of reply...
See what happens.




Why am i sending this letter out?


My name is Karol Michalec and I am a 23 years old artist currently studying Fine Art Sculpture at Brighton University. In fact just finished my first year and am currently facing a stressful but exciting job hunt for the summer months and next two years of university course. I come from Poland, having arrived in the UK on the 26th of May 2006 – five years ago, after three years of full time job at the famous 5 star Grand Hotel in Brighton I’ve applied for the City College Art Foundation and got accepted into the second year of part time course. Having finished that with a merit I then got accepted onto Fine Art Sculpture at Brighton University, selected out of nearly 160 applicants. And this is where I’ve started to think about my future and what exactly do I want to do next. I’ve spent nearly five years working in Catering industry and even though I consider myself quite good in that field, it’s not getting me many opportunities of being creative and broadening my horizons as a young upcoming artist. I am currently looking for a position around creative sides of beautiful Brighton&Hove and institutions that can provide better opportunities for developing my skills. 

My Area of Practice:
I specialize in wide range of art fields; have experience with different techniques and styles wanting to invite them to place of involvement and my professional career. The strongest points of my current development are Photography, Photoeditting (Photoshop), Sculpture, Design, 3D Materials, Typography, Leaflet & Poster Design, Costume Design, Video Editing, Props Design, Decorating and restoration, Graphic Design, Drawing, Painting and many more. Fine Art Sculpture at Brighton University is a multileveled course that allows students to choose their area of practice and I - being an open person eager to learn new things – chose to experiment with as many as possible to get best results. Hence why I’m sending this letter. It might not be the usual way of finding employment, however I’m willing to try and maybe get a response from somebody interested in offering any type of work – part time, full time, voluntary … Hopefully my artwork and skills turn out to be unique enough to attract potential institution/employer.

My inspirations and aims:
Having moved countries at the age of 19 I’m inspired by cultural differences, history and folklore of various places. My conceptual work comments on vulnerability and helplessness of human race. I talk about gay world, political and social changes. Create unique solutions using unusual materials. Artists I get inspired by most are: Richard Wilson, Jake & Dinos Chapman, Eva Hasse, Hanz Haacke, modern Polish and Eastern-European Sculptors and many more. I’m interested in multimedia, collaborative techniques, modern art but also classical ways around the vast world of art.
It’s only my first year of degree course, however I’m convinced art & design is the right place to earn money and make my way up in future life. I want to share my ideas and use them in any possible ways to gain self-development and recognition. Ideally in the future I’d like to work with materials and ideas creating costumes, props, sculptures and similar in film/theatre/festival industry, get involved with an art gallery, work in design and production.  Currently  looking for any creative opportunities around that area for the time of studies.



No comments:

Post a Comment